Friday, April 1, 2011

Provo Tabernacle Yesterday


$15 Million Repair Estimate

Carelessness was one of the likely causes of the fire. We also know that a lighting guy with a performing group did some "modifying" of the electrical system just hours before the fire. He had installed an extra bank of lights so they could record the performance for TV.

THERE WERE BIG WARNINGS!

Seems there were alarms, fire smells, smoke smells, popping and cracking sounds, and even a circuit breaker kicked everything off during the evening rehearsal. They eventually turned that annoying alarm off.

I REALLY WANT A BRICK

See that big stack of brick on the left corner of the picture? I'd love to have just one or two of them.

THE CHURCH HASN'T SAID IF THEY WILL REPAIR THE BUILDING

So, if you have any political, personal, spiritual, or other influence with the church, beg them to save this wonderful building.

2 comments:

  1. I also hope that they repair this beautiful building. Isn't it interesting.....I had many opportunities to attend functions at the tabernacle, but never did. To me, over the years, it was merely a lovely building. Encourages one to be take advantage of what is available while it is available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoohoo! Where are you? Don't give me this business that you are busy remodeling your home. Your fans are waiting! Take care of your blog.....I know you are on Facebook....but I am not. See you tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete