Friday, April 15, 2011

Here Come The Closets

When I first started to remodel I was only going to move the pantry to somewhere else, move the laundry downstairs, and cut the walls down in these spaces leaving all that wonderful head room for me. Carl suggested we change the windows. You have seen that in progress.

The laundry never made it downstairs. I decided to put it in the closet in my bedroom. To make space for that I decided to cut the wall down between the two upstairs bedroom making one nice size bedroom with two 96 inch closets.

The old doors were bi-fold uglies. Really awkward. I wanted sliders because they don't take much room. We white washed them. They enclose my laundry closet. The new shelves are not in yet.

I put all my shirts in the other closet. You can see my t-shirts behind the plastic. We put that up to keep the sheetrock dust out. That dust is unbearable. It is still everywhere.
Carl put the new doors up today. They are fabulous don't you think.

Tonight I will sleep in a bedroom that is twice as big as before and everything as I dreamed it.

2 comments:

  1. Again, I can't wait to see the the new doors and how they impact the whole room. They look more than fabulous in the pictures. Did you decide to buy the headboard? All you need now is bedding and window coverings and you'll be ready to hang a picture or two. I am so happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks wonderful--very convenient to relocate the washer and dryer to the bedroom where you really need them.

    Have you considered Carl for yourself? You could then get the work done for free.

    ReplyDelete